Data Management Plan Form
DMPTool is a resource that will help you to create a funding agency-specific DMP for your grant proposals. To begin using DMPTool, click on the login box below, select the University of Houston from the drop-down box and "new user" if you are new to DMPTool. You will be prompted to login with your Cougarnet account information. Enter your name in order to create a personal DMPTool account, and you are ready to begin! Simply select the funding agency and directorate if applicable, and begin filling out the required information. If you have any questions about the form or your responses, please contact Christie Peters at email@example.com.
DMP Consulting Services!
DMP support is available upon request for all funding agencies, preferably two weeks or more prior to the proposal submission deadline. For assistance, call Christie Peters to set up an appointment.
Christie Peters, Science Research Support Librarian
Standard Components of a DMP
A few of the most common items requested in the DMP include:
- The types of data that will be created
- Assignment of data management responsibilities
- The standards and metadata that will be used with the data
- Plans for short-term storage and data management - file formats, local storage & backup procedures, security
- How the data will be accessed and shared
- Policies and provisions for the reuse of the data
- Plans for the long-term arching and preservation of the data
Check with your funding agency to ensure that you provide all of the relevant information in your DMP! Links to the DMP information for a few of the bigger funding agencies can be found on this page.