This guide was designed to provide access to resources needed for MANA 7339. To access the resources listed on this page or any other University of Houston Libraries electronic resources a CougarNet Login is required.
Please contact UH Campus IT
via their website
to activate or reset your CougarNet account.
The Management Research Guide has additional resources available for the students researching all aspects of management, strategy, organizational theory and more.
The AMA Handbook of Leadership [electronic resource]
Available in print, call number - HD57.7 .A43 2010
Leading with cultural intelligence [electronic resource] : the new secret to success
Also available in print, call number - HD57.7 .L589 2010
Transnational leadership development [electronic resource] : preparing the next generation for the borderless business world
Also available in print, call number - HD57.7 .F837 2009
Leadership Development - article list
1. van de Ven, A. H. (2001). Medtronic's Chairman William George on how mission-driven companies create long-term shareholder value. Academy of Management Executive, 15(4), 39-47.
2. Coutu, D., & Beschloss, M. (2009). Why Teams DON'T Work. Harvard Business Review, 87(5), 98-105.
3. SITKIN, S. B., & HACKMAN, J. (2011). Developing Team Leadership: An Interview With Coach Mike Krzyzewski. Academy Of Management Learning & Education, 10(3), 494-501.
4. Toegel, G., & Barsoux, J. (2012). How to become a better leader. MIT Sloan Management Review, 53(3), 51-60.
5. Spreier, S. W., Fontaine, M. H., & Malloy, R. L. (2006).Leadership Run Amok. Harvard Business Review, 84(6), 72-82.
6. Roberto, M. A. (2002). Lessons from Everest: The interaction of cognitve bias, psychological safety, and system complexity.California Management Review, 45(1), 136-158.
7. Campbell, A., Whitehead, J., & Finkelstein, S. (2009). Why Good Leaders Make Bad Decisions. Harvard Business Review, 87(2), 60-66.
8. Goffee, R., & Jones, G. (2000). Why Should Anyone Be Led by You? (cover story). Harvard Business Review, 78(5), 62-70.
9. Waldman, D. A., Balthazard, P. A., & Peterson, S. J. (2011). Leadership and Neuroscience: Can We Revolutionize the Way That Inspirational Leaders Are Identified and Developed?. Academy Of Management Perspectives, 25(1), 60-74.
10. Levinson, H. (1978). The abrasive personality. Harvard Business Review, 56(3), 86-94.
11. Isaacson, W. (2012). The Real Leadership Lessons of Steve Jobs. (cover story). Harvard Business Review, 90(4), 92-102.
12. Margolis, J. D., & Stoltz, P. G. (2010). How to Bounce Back from Adversity. (cover story). Harvard Business Review, 88(1/2), 86-92.
13. Benkler, Y. (2011). The Unselfish Gene. Harvard Business Review, 89(7/8), 76-85.
14. Adler, N.J. (2008)‘I am my mother’s daughter: early developmental influences on leadership’, European J. International Management, Vol. 2, No. 1, pp.6–21. Note: The University of Houston Libraries currently does not have a subscription for the European Journal of International Management. The owner of this resource may remove the article at any time.
15. Williams, G. A., & Miller, R. B. (2002). Change the Way You Persuade. Harvard Business Review, 80(5), 65-73.