By Marion S. Trikosko, U.S. News & World Report Magazine [Public domain], via Wikimedia Commons
- African American Newspapers
Full-text collection of African American newspapers from the 1800s.
- African Studies Companion
A collection of African studies journals from all parts of Africa.
Great scholarly material. (Available on campus only; remote users must first set up a username and password from an on-campus location.)
- American Slavery
Collection of over 2,000 interviews conducted in seventeen states from 1936-38.
- Black Studies Center
Holdings from many collections, including the Schomburg collection.
- Black Thought and Culture
Monographs, essays, articles, speeches, and interviews from leaders within the black community from the earliest times to the present.
- CQ Researcher Plus Archive
Reports on a variety of topics, with pro/con discussions.
- Historical Statistics of the United States
Scholarly articles on from many journals, including African and African-American resources.
- New York Times (1851-2008) with Index (1851-1993)
Primary documents in the "paper of record."
- ProQuest Congressional
Current and historical congressional publications.
- ProQuest Historical Newspapers Databases
Search through 22 historical newspapers including the NY Times, WA Post, and other major papers.
- Voyages: Transatlantic Slave Trade
Information on over 35,000 slave voyages.
- Women and Social Movements in the United States, 1600-2000
Here are just a few of the many ebooks and journals available on the civil rights movement.